Last updated – January, 16th, 2021
- We design and operate our technology and services with our users’ protection and privacy in mind, and we make every effort to be transparent in our data collection and use practices.
- Our unique education products include individual accounts that enable schools and parents to keep track of individual student learning and maintain control over their student data.
- We do not use student or children’s personal information for advertising purposes, including targeted advertising.
- We do not rent or sell student data.
- We limit the data collected from students or children to only that which is necessary to meet the educational purposes of essaypop.
- Districts, schools, and homeschools are able to delete student, personally identifiable information at any time.
- We are proud supporters of the K-12 School Service Provider Pledge to Safeguard Student Privacy.
- We Have proudly signed off on the Student data Privacy Agreements for both California and Massachusetts. These are among the most stringent and rigorous agreements in the country.
- essaypop complies with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA).
- essaypop agrees to operate as a school official as the term is used in the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), and operates at the direct control of our school and district customers with respect to our use and handling of their student records.
Effective date: October 15, 2020
essaypop, LLC (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the www.essaypop.com website (hereinafter referred to as the “Service”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
- ServiceService is the www.essaypop.com website operated by essaypop
- Personal DataPersonal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
- Usage DataUsage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- CookiesCookies are small files stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
Information Collection and Use
We Do Not Track
- We do not behaviorally target advertising to users on our site using personal information or children’s personal information.
- We do not behaviorally target advertising to users on our site using Personal Information or minor student personal information.
- We do not track users over time and across third-party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore do not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. For more information on “do not track”, please visit www.essaypop.com –
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may also collect information how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Other tracking technologies are also used such as beacons, tags and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyse our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
- essaypop, LLC uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain the Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer care and support
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Service
- To monitor the usage of the Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To personalize the experience while in the Hive
- To name documents in accordance with the MLA format
Transfer Of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to – and maintained on – computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to the United States and process it there.
Disclosure Of Data
essaypop, LLC may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of essaypop, LLC
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
As an European citizen, under GDPR, you have certain individual rights. You can learn more about these guides in the GDPR Guide .
Security of Data
We strive to maintain security policies and procedures that are designed to protect your information.
Our servers are located in a secured, locked, and monitored environment to prevent unauthorized entry or theft, and are protected by a firewall. The servers are located in a data center in the United States and backed up daily to a secure, U.S.-based, off-site data center.
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service. The purpose for the use of these services is to provide better technical support.
- Facebook PixelFacebook Pixel is provided by Facebook.For more information please visit: https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy
- Google AnalyticsGoogle Analytics is provided by Google, Inc.For more information please visit: https://www.google.com/analytics/policies/
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously.
You can change your personal information by contacting us through email.
essaypop relies on each teacher or school to provide appropriate notice to parents with regards to the collection of Personal Data. The teacher or school is able to provide consent for the use of essaypop as permitted by the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”). https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/complying-coppa-frequently-asked-questions#Schools
If you are a parent or guardian and have become aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data without consent, please contact us so that we may remove it from our servers.
Children Under Age 13:
In compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), essaypop does not collect personally identifiable information from children under 13, without a parent or guardian’s consent, or that of a school if applicable. Parents and guardians of children under 13 who use any of the essaypop products have certain rights under COPPA and essaypop recognizes those rights. At any time, parents/guardians using a home product may request to review the personal information we collected from their child, request that we make no further use of that information or request that we delete it. To exercise your right to delete information, please use the contact information below. Parents/guardians of children using essaypop through a school account should contact their school to exercise their rights and we will work with the parent/guardian and school together to facilitate those requests.
A child’s participation or access to an activity on essaypop cannot be conditioned on him or her providing more personal information than is reasonably necessary for that activity.
FERPA. essaypop shall maintain student information for and on behalf of Subscriber – in accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (“FERPA”), 20 U.S.C. § 1232g(a)(4)(A)(ii), 1232g(b)(1) — for the purpose of providing digital writing services pursuant to this subscription. essaypop may use the student information to conduct analysis activities, including, but not limited to, longitudinal studies, alignment studies, and norming studies for the benefit of Subscriber and/or for the collective benefit of multiple Subscribers, as permitted by FERPA.
Personally identifiable information (“PII”) derived from student information provided to essaypop may be disclosed only to essaypop employees who have a legitimate educational interest in maintaining, organizing, or analyzing the data for uses authorized in this subscription. PII derived from Student Information and maintained by essaypop shall not be further disclosed by essaypop, except as allowed by FERPA. Subscriber is responsible for any notices to parents required under FERPA and for providing parents/guardians the opportunity to inspect and challenge the contents of the student records in question.
To Exercise Your Rights
essaypop is used in schools at the direction of our Customers. In addition, we are obligated under FERPA to remain under the direct control of our Customers with respect to our use and maintenance of student personal information that is part of the education record. As such, if you use essaypop through a school account and wish to exercise your rights with respect to student personal information, please contact your education institution and we will work with them to facilitate your request.
All other essaypop users and visitors may exercise these rights by:
- Emailing us at www.essaypop.com
- Or mailing us at essaypop, Attn: Legal Department, 1751 Colorado Blvd #325 Los Angeles, CA 90041.
Your exercise of the above rights is subject to certain exemptions to safeguard the public interest and our interests. Requests to exercise these rights may be granted in whole, in part, or not at all, depending on the scope and nature of the request and applicable law. Where required by applicable law, we will notify you if and why we are unable to fulfill your request.
Non-discrimination: We shall not discriminate or otherwise penalize anyone for exercising their rights.